Tuesday 27 November 2007

Taking a break

The rent on my flat in Barcelona is nearly up, and I've still got a few cupboards full of trinkets, and books. An unbelievable number of books. My wife is a reader, not in the sense that normal people are readers, reading maybe a book a week - which until I got married I thought was going it some. No, she will read a book a day, sometimes 2 or 3 if I'm neglecting her and working. I know Spain must have been hard on her (didn't understand the TV, and no-one else spoke English) because I now have to import the equivalent of the British Library back across Europe in a couple of suitcases.

Rather than making a few trips over and trying to ram it all in suitcases, which would take a thousand trips anyway, I'm going to take it easy and have a break. I've been in San Francisco, Paris, London, Manchester, Trowbridge (yes, there!) in the last couple of weeks, and I'm shattered. Frankly I don't want to take another flight, but I'm still paying for the flat in Spain, so I may as well make use of it. I'm still on call, but I'm going to tune out and drop off for a few days, try and recharge my batteries.

I've got to go to Norway and Gibraltar before Christmas (not to mention Runcorn) anyway and I need some sleep right now. Not sure Barcelona is the best place for it, but it's either that or imploding at Christmas, and I did that last year after an operation which left me open to infection and what felt like food poisoning - only without the pleasure of food beforehand. I'd rather chill out for a bit and gear up for January. Now that's going to be exciting - more business than ever and hopefully a new member of staff - hooray, half the number of back breaking plane trips, half as many support calls and only one salesman to deal with each.

What's the betting it doesn't work out like that?

No comments:

MadKasting