Tuesday 24 April 2007

On the First Day of Infosec...

...my back aches and I'm losing my voice, and yet I feel strangely satisfied.

So, where's the big buzz this year? Strangely enough, it felt like it was all around. The first day is always quieter than the others, but this one seemed to be humming along very nicely. I walked around the whole show and saw some great things, Secerno and Centrify I will be examining more closely tomorrow. I caught up with some old friends, Ingrian, the Equip/Horizon crowd, F5, Bluecoat; made some new friends, Decru, Protegrity, SafeNet, and will hopefully catch up with Hoff at some point as I noticed he was absent from the Crossbeam stall today...

The real interest from the crowd seems to be split, on one side there is a lot of interest in application security, on the other hand the really big spenders are coming over to talk about compliance, and we couldn't be better placed.

So, if you've got deep pockets and want a data integrity PoC, come over to G130 and look at the fabulous Kinamik stand. I'm the tall one with the stripy tie and glasses invariably on my head.

I must also put in a quick hello to Mairtin (yes, that is spelt correctly, I checked) O'Sullivan from an unpronouncable place near Dublin, who came to see me especially to talk about PCI and told me he had read this blog. That's got to be worth a mention...

No comments:

MadKasting