Thursday 3 January 2008

New Year Ramble

I feel like I've been hibernating for the last couple of weeks, I shut everything down, including most of my brain and muscles, just keeping the essential eating parts going for the holidays. It's a shock to wake up from my slumber to find that it's absolutely bloody freezing outside.

Maybe that's why nothing's happening. I was frantic before Christmas, everyone had to have everything done now, or sooner, and now nothing. Not even a blip on the radar. Europe is officially still on holiday.

So I was pleased to see that Microsoft have released another version of IE. I'm writing this using Firefox incidentally. I find it simple, well laid out, and nothing moves from one day to the next. IE is like a teenager, trying out what looks best, making things smaller and more iconic, hiding 'unnecessary' things away. Until, basically, if you've grown up using computers, you can't find a thing. Not where you last left it anyway.

I'm sure there are people somewhere who like the forward thinking of application designers, but I for one wish they would leave IE alone. And the operating systems whilst we're at it. I really struggled when I first had to use Windows 2000, then XP took me by surprise. I don't DARE look at Vista in case it proves me to be an old fuddy-duddy.

Still, some things never change, I can't wait until Tuesday for the first enormous patch roll-out of the year.

No comments:

MadKasting