Tuesday 1 April 2008

Who you gonna call?

I have many options. In fact I have rather too many. Without giving any names I have been contacted by:
  • 2 encryption vendors
  • 3 other technology vendors
  • a reseller
  • a distributor
  • plus a friend who wants to set up a business with me, and some others who want to help out with temporary contracts.
It's far too much to make any sense of, hence my posts earlier in the week.

Apart from the work suggestions and ideas, I was astounded by the sheer number of people who have reached out to support me. Amongst the blogging community alone I've had a number of people go out of their way for me:

Brian Honan was first (as usual - same time zone helps) with suggestions of a couple of books I should read and the usual shoulder to cry on. (I've bought the books Brian, they come tomorrow).

Andy Willingham described his recent, similar exercise and gave me confidence that I was on the right track.

shrdlu, as ever, let me pour my heart out and rant and rave in her general direction. [Now I think I've offended her by saying bad things about the US economy which sounded like I was being mean to her parents. I didn't mean it shrdlu! Please come back!]

Emily Bristow from NetConsulting over in Wales is a becoming a firm friend who I find great to bounce ideas off. Maybe I'll have to head over to Tiger Bay sometime.

Walt, wing man, mentor, old chum, you are wise beyond your years and I look forward to catching up again next week.

Last, but by no means least, Uncle "Security" Mike Rothman. Mike spent half an hour of his precious time on the phone to me this afternoon (GMT, morning EST), helping me step through every option I have, and telling me basically not to get too wound up.

Great advice. I think I'm just going to chill out for a while. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

MadKasting