Tuesday 4 December 2007

MI5 blames the Chinese

Sam sent me a link to this today. I particularly liked the James Bond reference. Well, it does sound a bit like we're regressing to the same playground tactics of blaming it on the Russians and Chinese. Bond would have been proud. He would have been blowing stuff up and shagging anything that moves, just to try and control the little buggers. Makes you proud to be British.

What made me laugh was "Dutch Shell uncovered a Chinese spying ring in Houston, aimed at pilfering confidential pricing information for the oil giant's operations in Africa", that must have been pretty tough to pin down, but it must be true, because "security sources" said so. I guess if you're a Dutchman living in Houston it's pretty easy to spot the Chinese guys stealing your African secrets, they're the only ones who look like they know what's going on.

But silliness aside, doesn't the rest of this article read like FUD to you? I've been in this game for a while now, and this sounds almost like a sales pitch, but with no point to it. It looks a little like publicity for Sophos to me, Graham Cluley is very high profile over here anyway, but he seems to appear in an awful lot of Jeremy Kirk's stuff. Must be useful for them both I guess, although hasn't anyone told Graham that blogs are the new magazines?

No comments:

MadKasting